Sunday, February 27, 2011

first milestone!

I have to admit, this past week has been the best since coming home from the hospital: Jack slept wonderfully, there was (hardly) any snow, we had visits from friends, and we went on lots of outings. Things are definitely becoming less scary for Paul and I and we are getting more in the groove of being parents. It also helps that we have an easy-going baby. On top of that, I am feeling much stronger and more confident about bringing him places on my own. It's pretty wild when just a coffee run and trip to the post office feels like a big trip! And the best part of the week, Jack's first social smile! Of course he smiled plenty before this week but it was only when he had gas. So there I sat, in the recliner with my iphone ready to catch the smiles. 
There's a smile...
Can I get one more?
Is that a half smile?
 

There it is!










God I love this kid...


3 comments:

  1. Awww what gentle smiles! He's a darling baby. You can tell from the pictures that he's easygoing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Meg he is so cute! You guys are so incredibly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much :) we are very very blessed!

    ReplyDelete