Monday, February 14, 2011

First Post Since Livejournal!

I have definitely wanted to get into blogging for a while now. I personally enjoy blogs that are centered around one topic/theme, and seeing that I just became a parent, seems the perfect time to document my new life as a momma. And I know there will be plenty to write about. 

So where to begin?! Well, the last three weeks (lets be honest, the last 9 months) have been some of the most exciting, emotional, nerve-wracking, unexpected and wonderful times of my entire life. So lets start with the pregnant months. Back in May when I found out I was expecting I was literally walking on air. My entire pregnancy was truly fantastic. I know people say that all the time, but I am not joking. When you read about the horror stories from other mommas, I kept counting my blessings time and time again: thank you pregnancy gods for not giving me 24/7 nausea, swollen ankles, acne, ridiculous weight gain, insatiable appetite etc. etc. The uncomfortable extent for me was heartburn, which I definitely complained about, but was completely tolerable. There were a few little blips towards the end. I sprained my ankle which was more annoying than actually painful. Pregnancy makes you completely unbalanced to begin with, try using crutches!

39 Weeks Prego

I needed to be induced, which my body completely rejected and I ended up having a c-section. This was something I was very opposed to (part of my "birth plan" which, I have learned, is a really pointless thing to have), but after two days of induction drugs I had just about given up the idea of a regular delivery and actually asked my midwife if I could have a c-section. It was a decision I absolutely do not regret. For one, Jack was 9 pounds and 21 inches long, pretty good size baby! And two, the recovery has not been nearly as painful as I expected it would be. The way I look at it now, I would have been in pain anyway, just in a different place! Going into the operating room may have been one of the scariest moments of my life, but the reward was worth it a million times over. 

Minutes after Jack was born, notice him grabbing on to the stethoscope!


So here we are, tomorrow Jack will be three weeks old. I can't believe it has been three weeks. Parenting is definitely not easy, but I have to say that we have been blessed with a baby that loves to sleep, eat and poop, a lot. In other words, a very healthy newborn.


No comments:

Post a Comment