Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Home with a newborn in the dead of winter.

My polar bears are very appropriate!!
Okay so perhaps I shouldn't call this the "dead" of winter. Spring training has begun for the Sox so I suppose things are looking up. However, today has not gotten warmer than 30 degrees so it sure feels like spring is far away. Being home with a newborn, especially in those first two weeks where the baby really shouldn't be exposed to the elements, can feel restricting. Having two+ feet of snow on the ground with a major storm during the first week home from the hospital, cabin fever anyone? On top of that I could not drive because of my healing incision. The one time during the first week that Paul and I left the house was to bring the baby to the pediatrician. I could not wait to get home. The roads were icy and treacherous. With a brand new baby in the car, I was an absolute wreck. Lets just say week number three has already been much better. I have ventured out on my own with baby in tow, only to CVS, but its good practice for the both of us! We have had lots of wonderful visitors which made me feel more connected to the outside world. It is amazing that you can have every fun gadget/entertainment device, but nothing makes you feel better than just getting out.  This weather will make us truly appreciate the spring and summer. I cannot wait to bring Jack to all of our favorite outdoor spots. The next three days are looking much better, maybe we can even attempt a walk around the neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. So excited to read this blog!!! I can't wait to read about you and Jack...Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm...sunshine and warmth should be just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cass! Can't wait till you and Jon are back visiting so you can meet Jack :)

    ReplyDelete