Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My love affairs

As I sit here this morning, I am grateful for so many things. The sun is shining. It is March, which means Spring is that much closer. It also means I go back to work this month, but I am (trying) not to think about that now. I am drinking the most perfect and delicious cup of coffee. Paul stayed up with the baby last night and I slept for a glorious amount of time. Apparently, so did Jack. I don't want to jinx it, because anything can change, but for the time being, he is sleeping wonderfully!

YUM. 
Getting back to this coffee.... I know it is off topic but it something that I enjoy very much. I just feel the need to write about it. For many years Paul and I spent so much money getting coffee out. We have gone through at least three drip coffee makers between the two of us, we could never make good coffee at home. We have bought and tried every single brand. It always came out bitter, weak, or just nasty. In college, we used to drive to Middletown to go to our favorite Dunkin' because the one in Newport was not up to par. It also gave us more time to talk and listen to music in the car, so that was the other reason. (I'm getting nostalgic here, watch out!). When I moved to Fall River, where I have to say the Dunkin' workers made the absolute BEST iced coffee, they learned my order because I was a regular (sad, but true) and would give me free coffees from time to time. Although, spending all this money getting coffee to-go is absolutely not practical, and now with our new addition, we need to be more conscious of that. When I was pregnant, the first question I asked the doctor was in regards to the quantity of coffee I was allowed to have. I knew I would cut it down, but I could not cut it out. I tried. Just couldn't do it. Aside from the necessary caffeine boost at 6 am, I truly enjoy it. She said it was absolutely fine to have a cup every day, just not to over-do it. And that is what I did, I cut way down and drank decaf when I could. So, part of the reason I am so happy this AM, is that I made the most delicious pot of french press (how we have gotten away from coffee out) using starbucks house blend. Aside from the drip makers and the keurig (which is good in a pinch, just expensive!) this has been our way of kicking the Dunkin' habit. I still get a yummy iced coffee here and there, I am just going to try and not do it as regularly. And it isn't as good as it used be anyway.

Look at how fast I dropped the baby weight!!  Ha!
My other love affair, which is a new one, is the ultra comfy and convenient Baby Bjorn. Although this post is beginning to sound yuppy, I have to say that we had the best day yesterday toting around Jack in this amazing contraption. First of all, your hands are free, which is awesome. The baby is so close to you that you can feel and hear them breathing. Jack fell immediately to sleep, and seemed so happy, being the little snuggle bug he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment