Wednesday, March 9, 2011

No more elvis baby..

If there was one thing I was convinced that Jack would definitely have once I met him, it was hair. No word of a lie, I had a dream that he was born with thick, curly, dark hair all over his head. Part of my reasoning for this was that 1) I had a ridiculous amount of heartburn every single day of my pregnancy and 2) Paul and I both have (well, mostly me) a lot of hair on our heads. Who knows what color hair or eyes he will actually end up having, but one thing I will always remember and tell Jack when he is older, is that he was born with some serious sideburns. (I was born with a mohawk, and looking a little bit like E.T. when I was born, something my parents always liked to tell me). His little hairline along both sides of his face is one of the cutest things I have ever seen on a baby. Seeing that I have spent most of my waking hours with him since he was born, I didn't notice that these little sideburns have faded. Paul mentioned it to me last night and I couldn't believe that I hadn't seen it. But looking back in pictures, this is definitely the truth. I guess most babies lose their "baby hair" and some end up bald for a while until their "real" hair grows in. I was just sort of sad to see them go..... and I started to get emotional about the fact that he is already close to a month and a half old and that means work is right around the corner..... ugh don't want to go down that road.
Thank you, thank you very much
Where did my hair go?

Anyway, Jack and I have had so much fun over the last week. We went shopping a couple of times, saw friends, family, and had an overnight at my Aunt and Uncle's house over the weekend. They watched him while Paul and I attended a beautiful wedding in Boston. It is amazing how much you appreciate spending alone time with your significant other when the opportunity does not come along as often. It is even more amazing that somewhat "normal" or "mundane" things have become so much more fun. Going out to dinner is now a much bigger treat than ever before. Even though things are dramatically different from life b.c. (before child), they are different in a wonderful way. I feel like a real adult, my concerns have changed and my priorities have changed. Life is different, but somehow, it just seems better.

No comments:

Post a Comment