Friday, April 22, 2011

Honestly, where does the time go?!?

Relaxing after work. 
So it has been a while. I cannot say I have been successful in keeping up with this blog. However, I have good reason for it because my life went from calm, peaceful, organized and lovely to well.... not. Of course maternity leave ended and I am back to the grind. Although I have stopped being angst-ridden about going back to work because a) I feel grateful to have a job in the current state of affairs b) I actually LIKE my job which makes it a lot easier to go back and c) I have wonderful family members who take care of my darling boy and will be until at least June when glorious summer vacation will arrive. Being a teacher is probably the closest you can get to being a stay at home mom while still getting paid a full-time salary with benefits and all those practical things. So that being said, things are not as bad or scary as I thought they would be, just really really hectic.

Little Jack is just wonderful. He made my transition easier than ever, being that he loves to sleep and he seems very adaptable to change. He is so interactive and smiley. It is seriously ridiculous how much they change and grow in such a short amount of time. People say that all the time but it really is true. I enjoy the time I spend with him at night more than anything in the world.

This week being April vacation has been fantastic. We got lots of things done around the house that we had been meaning to do for a long time and got to see friends and family which is even more important. Only 8 more weeks until summer, when I will probably pick up writing this blog again more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment